Cocked hat w/pictures

Absolute Piano absolutepiano at comcast.net
Thu Jul 6 19:02:40 MDT 2006

I tried sending a few pictures yesterday but the email got bounced back. Hopefully, it will work this time.

IMO, "modifcations" should never be done, unless it is "documented" and cannot be avoided. Rebuild it to it's original condition/design, PLEASE???

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I

Joe,

I believe your recommendation is fraught with contradiction. Anything I do to this instrument will be fully documented and cleared with the conservators first. What might be best is to save the entire action (which has already been tampered with) and replace it with a modern one. The museums would prefer that we not do anything at all and most of these instruments end up unplayable, unplayed and unseen by the public in museum basements. This is appropriate for certain instruments but I believe this cocked hat may still be seen as too modern and nothing more than a glorified square grand.

Anne,

If you need to reach me, try:

absolutepiano at comcast.net

617-333-6780