Help with squeaky pedals

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Jul 6 08:01:36 MDT 2006

I vote for Jon's diagnosis. Get the pivots lubricated or fixed if they're
worn out and I bet your problem will disappear.

If the pivot mechanism is worn, just swap with the center pedal. I explain
to the customer what I've done, that I can put on new but it will entail the
cost of new parts plus another service call which can amount to $75-$100
pretty easy. They are almost always happy to leave the worn parts on a pedal
that is never used.

Dean