big city rates

Zeke Wheeler zk at wheelerpiano.com
Mon Jul 3 22:03:47 MDT 2006

I am currently learning to be a tuner, but I also currently own a
moving company, and I charge high rates, and have various charges for
certain "extras". The particularly rich customers get charged full
price, all by the book. Poor customers get a "working man's discount"
as a favorite bartender of mine used to call it. Certain things I throw
in for free. heavyweight charges, travel time, supplies used. No one
can fault you for giving indiscriminate discounts. However RAISING
rates, will really piss people off. But discounts never hurt your rep.
Also a good way to get yourself a free cup of coffee, a free beer, or
whatever your customer may have to offer in their own way.

-zeke