Brass Rail to Wood Flange Conversion

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:45:29 -0500

Brass Rail to Wood Flange ConversionOkay, I see what you are talking =
about now. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  >Too tight a fit that way - just won't go.

  > From looking at the photos it seems to me that the rod would be =
better
  > placed at the bottom of the flange molding. That way the rod would =
be bound
  > between the screw and molding keeping it tight to the bottom profile =
of the rail.

  I would ease the bottom portion of the flange to make it fit.  My =
concern is that the
  flange will ride up the rail; that is, unless the shoulder of the =
screw is securing
  the flange to the bottom of the rail. I still might not trust it.

  Regards,

  Jon Page