Mandolin rail vs. muffler felt, and miscellaneous internallinkages.......

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:58:44 -0800

Gordon, et al,
I used to own one of these Ivers and Ponds.  In my opinion, they were
arguably one of the best uprights made in that period.  A lot of potential
there for a beautiful piano after restoration.  Enjoy!

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Registered Piano Technician
Island Piano Service
Bainbridge Island, WA
206-842-3721
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of gordon stelter
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:40 AM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Mandolin rail vs. muffler felt, and miscellaneous
internallinkages.......

Thanks. Maybe I&P was too "dignified" for mandolin
rails, but I sort of doubt it considering the
popularity of "all mandolin orchestas" at the time. I
would suspect that either option was available, and
mine's gonna have a mandolin rail.
     Thanks!
     Peace,

     P.S. If anyone can conveniently  supply me with
photos of the internal linkages for the mandolin rail
and compensator tab lift rail, on the bass side
interior cabinet, that would also be greatly
appreciated.