SAP and NAMM

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:47:11 -0700

--=====================_177409220==_.ALT
At 12:22 AM 1/29/2006 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Guy,
>
>Nice and shiny :) ... a Bechstein i take it
>
>Do you (or anyone else) have some more pics of the Namm Show that you wish
>to email?

from another European restoration shop (plant) whose name escapes me just
now, and the book is out in the heap..... but ain't it pretty?

NAMM06 084mod1.jpg

Personally, though..... when it comes to the real old-timers, like the one
above, and many others at the show..... I'm not fond of seeing them in
poly. The highly carved areas loose something..... Even the music rack just
looks.... dipped. In most cases, the new boards, etc.,, are just fine. Some
look stellar, and even sound pretty good. But as for respect and admiration
for the original artisans, these instruments are amazing.

I was having camera issues, and this is about it for my pics. Be sure to
watch the Journal, though. A new super-duper camera was used by our new
editor, as she hiked her tail off to bring us all the latest news and stuff
from the manufacturers.

Later,
Guy
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...