frequent tuning - floating pitch? was tuning

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 08:45:07 -0600

Jason:
=20
I do float between 440 - 442 except on the recital pianos.  Since those =
are often played with other instruments that are stuck at 440 I keep =
them there.  The rest can float but within that 2 Hz range.  I go with =
the pitch of A4.  If A4 is sharp the tenor will undoubtedly be even =
sharper but gathering the piano together where A4 is now seems to work =
well.
=20
dp
=20