frequent tuning - floating pitch? was tuning

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:25:02 -0500

I foung this piano at the thrift store flat everywhere.  It was a piece =
of work, and a good practice piano.  It's still some off, and I'll go =
back and work on it some more.  I figure once  Ido the hard pianos, the =
good pianos will be a treat.=20
Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Robin Stevens=20
  To: Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 3:39 AM
  Subject: Re: frequent tuning - floating pitch? was tuning

        Jason..I think in the "real world" the sharp or flat factor =
applies mostly to the Tenor section. Rarely, in my opinion does the =
piano go sharp or flat EVENLY over the whole piano.... Here lies the =
problem...If the Tenor goes sharp, do you raise the Bass and treble to =
match? or do you lower the Tenor section?

        Bit of..Six of one or, half a dozen of the other!

        Robin Stevens ARPT
        South Australia