Prospecting -- Key Source

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:49:09 -0500

I just want to make it clear that I'm not giving excuses, but I need an =
alternative to the sign idea.  I'm considering a yard sign, but i live =
on a side street and people couldn't see it from the main road. I know, =
a billboard with my name and Elvi's pic. on it. lol:)
Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Mike McCoy=20
  To: tune4u@earthlink.net ; Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 7:21 PM
  Subject: Re: Prospecting -- Key Source

  Agreed,

   I get far more useful business from the vehicle lettering. =
Professional vinyl lettering as well, not the magnetic signs. The phone =
book works to a degree,  but it is almost always a price checker. If I =
take the time to explain what RPT means ( I don't think I would have to =
explain it if it were Certified Piano Tech) and give them an idea what =
the price range is in this area, I typically get the business. I do not =
pursue other Technicians customers at all, they are my friends and I =
would be very uncomfortable with that approach. Also, for some unknown =
reason, a number of piano teachers in the area are recommending me, but =
I have had no contact with any of them.

  Mike

Mike McCoy
Registered Piano Technician
Langhorne, Pa.
Chapters 170 & 190 PTG

  Alan Barnard wrote:=20

    Been following the thread and was reminded today of a very important =
source of business: The vinyl lettering on my truck!

    I parked across the street from a small town restaurant (lunch!) and =
found a note on my windshield from a new customer. Then, while =
depositing some checks at the bank, a lady in the drive-up lane next to =
mine was miming and mouthing "Do you tune pianos?" and "Do you have a =
card?" after which she snuck out of her car and came over to get my =
card.

    I paid about $250 for lettering and pictures (both sides and back). =
This one-time expense has repaid itself many, many times.

    Alan Barnard
    Salem, Missouri

--=20
Mike McCoy