Bass String Installation

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:55:28 -0800

Some years ago, the technician I used to work with was removing the strings
on a Sohmer "Butterfly" (I think it was), a small baby grand.  As he was
letting the tension down, the plate cracked near a treble strut.
Apparently, this model is prone to break there.  So, not every piano can
take a massive change in tension in the bass.

	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

efficient way of doing the job...while you are tuning over and over again
the bass section you could always go up into the tenor while your at
it...;-]