prospecting for customers

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:44:18 EST

I agree also.  I have a one liner in one phone book.  I  had one of those
neat little 3-4 line boxes one in a couple  of local books for a year.  I got
maybe 5 calls from it.  3  were price shoppers who blew me off. 1 caller left a
message, but by the time I  was able to get back to her, she'd gotten the guy
listed below me to do the  job...:-(

The only reason I have a listing anymore is for people who are already
customers that might have lost my contact info.

WORD OF MOUTH!  Competent work and good customer relations will ensure
steadily increasing business.  That's where working for a store--even at  reduced
rates--can help you out as you start to get your business off the  ground.
Referrals.  Referrals from referrals.  Referrals from  people you don't even
know.  It's exponential, unlike the trickle-in of ad  callers.

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 1/27/2006 6:22:17 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,