Louis Renner hammer heads on grey market.

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:21:43 -0500

Ages ago, 1978 to be precise, I was working as a piano technician in
Taiwan. There were a variety of low quality brands with names like
"Schiller" and "Beethoven", also equipped with Renner labeled parts
(Apollo, Toyo, and Atlas really weren't all that bad). While it is
conceivable that they were knock-off pirate parts, I think it was
simply the case that Renner made parts to the specs requested by the
manufacturers (inexpensive and loud).
Patrick Draine