wurlitzer(chinese) grand

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:21:19 EST

In a message dated 1/26/2006 6:08:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
richard.ucci@att.net writes:

List,
Help me out here. New Wurly 5' grand. Several dampers in tenor  section are
getting hung up. When offending key is played without using  sustain pedal -no
problem.
Depress pedal by itself and damper does not return to rest on strings.
Sostenuto pedal is working correctly , can't determime if the tab is brushing
against it or not,  have pulled damper out and lubed rail bushing,  flanges do not
seem to be slow. I can't recall if they are weighted .

Going back next week and could use some of your collective  brilliance.
Thanks,
RU/UP

Richard,

Even though the sostenuto pedal is working correctly, I suspect  interference
from the sostenuto rail.  Check to make sure there is adequate  clearance in
the rest position.

Is the sustain pedal lifting the dampers too high?

Dave  Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
_http://dstahlpiano.net/_ (http://www.dstahlpiano.net/)