Grand High Treble Sitting Position, was: Tuning Hammer

pianotune05@comcast.net pianotune05@comcast.net
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 03:45:01 +0000

I sat in front of it, but the piano bench didn't even go with the piano , and it was broke, so I had to be careful not to move my 178 pound frame too much or I would have been on the floor. a cement floor.  That anoys me when thrift stores sell pianos. Why are benches always missing or they'll put an ugly bench or something that doesn't even go with it.

I'm curious, is $550 hight for baby grand needing action regulation, repairs, possible restringing, perhaps sound board issues as I heard a buzzing on the c 3 I believe, and loose tuning pins, I mean realllll looooose. I barely touched one and it went way way way out.  It wass baad. It was a sometihing brothers, lauphman or someting from Williams town, williams something NJ.  ;)  The prints too hard for this vision impaired guy to read.
Marshall
ps. Id love to have tha told piano to learn how to redo, and then sell it for $1,000 or more.

From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>

Now why is that hard to picture? I don't get kinky with the piano, although there is a certain amount of intimacy involved - especially with those that respond in a meaningful way to my manipulation. It's just a simple description of how I sit to tune a grand piano high treble section.

I've only watched one other guy tune a grand piano - and I don't remember how he approached the high treble. Where do others sit while tuning the high treble?

Now you've got me curious....

Terry Farrell