Jurgen Goering is WAY out of line

Jean-Jacques GRANAS lemotjuste@data.pl
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:58:48 +0100

Hello list,

This list's success is due in large measure to the fact that it provides a
forum for intelligent discussion on a subject of mutual interest in a
climate of professional curiosity and good faith. Moreover, its archives
reflect a sense of mutual respect and camaraderie that I have rarely seen
elsewhere – even if signs of somewhat less comendable behaviour are present,
 here and there, as well.

The discussion of technical aspects of Ric's project does indeed find its
way into the public domain, as Mark points out. The project itself, however,
 does not. It is a private matter involving Ric and the owner of the
instrument. Even if you assume Jurgen acted with no ill intent and simply
out of concern for the instrument (as I assume he did), his actions –
particularly the fact that he did so behind Ric's back – are highly
tactless and simply inexcusable, IMO. Such behaviour outrages me too, and I
know I'm not alone.

As far as I can tell, Ric is one of the most prolific and knowledgable
contributors to this list. His post have at times been vociferous and
provocative, but always full of insight reflecting many years of experience
and a true love of craft. I have read his posts with great interest and
have learned tonnes from him. I is clear to me that if Ric was to pick up
his toys and go play elsewhere this list would be greatly impoverished as
result.

I hope Mark is wrong when he says that "the more potentially harmful it is,
the faster it will probably make it's way to the person you least want it
to be read by?". For if he is not, this list is not worth our time or
talents.

Best regards and peace to all,

Jean-Jacques Granas
Warsaw