Center pin friction, yet again.

Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:12:33 -0500

Ed -

Extremely grateful for your thoughtful reply. Now I'll wait to see if there
is any consensus on your opinion that there is no consensus O:) Similarly,
Bill Garlick was the one who showed me the benefits of "above spec" pinning
on the rep lever in order to increase jack speed.  I also recall Ric
Baldassin's early demonstrations of the tonal effects of pinning,
especially in the upper treble.  Lastly, while I haven't done much (any)
liquid resizing of Permafree 2 bushings, I intend to, (regardless of
whether it works or not) as I spent much time tracking down the correct
denatured alcohol.  It shouldn't go to waste.

Thanks again

David Skolnik