Center pin friction, yet again.

Joel A. Jones jajones2@wisc.edu
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:47:49 -0600

David,

An important factor is missing from this discussion.   After the
right friction is reached and you have the traditional swings do the
following 'break in'.
Grab the flange and VIGOROUSLY shake/swing the hammer up & down at
least 20 times.

Check after you have completed this severe  process and you will notice
that
there are several more swings to the bushing.

Classes are not offered today like they were 10 years or so ago. Not as
many
teflon problem actions in service.

Joel

Joel Jones, RPT