Soundboard rib question

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:08:10 +0100

Hi folks

I am today shocked as dismayed. Jurgen Goering has taken the discussion
on this list about the Bluthner instrument and written a letter to
Bluthner pianos without my knowledge informing (warning more likely by
the sounds of Mr Bluthners sudden inquiry to me)  him of my intentions
to rebuild the instrument and of the some possibilites for changing the
rib scale.  As I dont read German I dont know exactly what was
written... but certainly am going to find out whats there.

I want to underline right off how disgusted I am at Jurneg for
interfering in another technicians work and projects, and for the
obvious lack of respect for proffesional ethics his action displays.
Jurgen did not consult me about this.. he just did it behind my back.
What this says about his respect for other technicians whom he does not
know really anything about I leave it up to you all to judge.

If we can not share information, questions, and experiences on this list
without the risk of such blatent interference then this list becomes
quickly  useless, and indeed dangerous.

As for you Jurgen.... be it known that I contacted Bluthner within by
telephone two days after we took ownership of it. I talked to Ingbert
Blüthner's secretary and was promised  he would return the call as the
instrument was of interest. I have written emails since then on two
occasions informing them of this instrument and also called twice  So I
am way ahead of you.  Frankly... if you were right here in front of me
now... well its good for you that you arent.

Disgusted
Richard Brekne