broken Steinway lyre braces

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:50:54 -0800

Thank you,Jurgen,for a nice credit,but. This System of securing lyre braces
was used by Pearl River and Bechstein pianos for the past couple of years.i
had to do a similar repair when Piano movers couldn't re-install the
sticks,cut them once,then twice and they were still too short.. Then this
system came to play and it worked.

Jurgen! Thank you for supplying us with those bolts..

After reading all posts on lyre sticks my only contribution is: I have 4
sets of them in my shop,1 un-finished,ready for future rebuilding,and 3
pre-finished in black,walnut and mahogany ,ready for repairs any time.All
are extra long and can be fitted-pre-cut easily in the field with the help
of a telescopic car antenna.Thanx to Kathy Voss for that simple tip.That tip
alone paid for my trip to Convention [that convention attending tip is for
Marshall}.

My best to everyone.. Isaac

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Jurgen Goering
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 8:36 PM
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: broken Steinway lyre braces

Been reading a lot about different techniques to install a lyre - using
wedgies, wood blocks, hymnals (how many of you carry one of those in your
toolkit?) and feet, to mention a few.

I'd like to reiterate an elegant solution I wrote up in the December 2005
Journal. Did no one see this? This has become my default modification.
Simple, adjustable, wonderful. Thank you for the idea Isaac Sadigursky!

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info@pianofortesupply.com