An open letter to Marshall

Aart in America Piano Services aartinamerica@optonline.net
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:51:46 -0500

Hello Marshall.

I was a  Back Line Tech in the Music Industry for 15 years. I worked=20
for several Musical Instrument Rental Companies in New York City and=20
Toured with national acts. I kept my mouth shut, was humble, and=20
learned all that I could about musical instruments and the music=20
business.

I then went to work for a Musical Instrument Manufacturer who then laid=20=

off the entire department, (with some severance pay Thankfully).  I=20
then took that pay and did what I wanted to do since high school and=20
went to school to become a Piano Technician. After thousands of dollars=20=

on tuition, tools and a rental space to call home. I opened my business=20=

Aart in America Piano Services.
I then ran ads in local papers and built a client base on hard work,=20
Customer Service and PRIDE in MY Community!  I didn't ask ANYONE for=20
help or a Handout. I just started working and kept my questions to the=20=

List, my Chapter President, and my Mentor to a minimum.  I did more=20
listening than talking out of respect for future colleagues with years=20=

of knowledge and experience.

All this while my wife was having neurosurgery to remove a brain tumor=20=

and I also have a medical challenge which I will not bore the good=20
folks on this list with.

My point is: Stop Whining and get to work or don't!  Shakespeare said=20
it best " It is better to remain silent and appear a fool then to speak=20=

and remove all doubt"

Is this point clear enough for you?

Aart Markenstein

Hoboken NJ

On Jan 22, 2006, at 8:08 PM, Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

> =A0=A0 Oh pppllleeaaaassse. Go back to lurking. You sound like a =
victim

> =A0 Sign me... had enough of Marshall
>
> =A0 Dale Erwin

>> =A0ps. I'll keep lurking until further beatings occur . ;)=A0 Please =
use=20
>> a lighter tuning lever, my student lever might work.=A0=A0=A0=A0 =
Marshal

> =A0
>
> Dale Erwins Piano Restorations
>
> 4721 Parker Rd.
>
> Modesto, Ca 95357
>
> 209-577-8397 cell 209-985-0990
>
> Providing Custom Piano Restoration Services &
>
> Sales Of Restored
>
> Steinway and Mason & Hamlin Pianos
>
> www.Erwinspiano.com=20=

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...