Warranty tuning

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:31:24 EST

All,

Ditto to Phil's post.

I like doing warranty tunings because of the steady influx of new clients
and new pianos.  I charge around 2/3 of my normal rate.  I do store  work at a
lower rate, but I do it very sparingly and only as a favor because of  all the
referrals they've given me over the years.  I don't need it any  more, but I
owe a debt of gratitude to a couple of stores for getting me off to  a good
start.

It's a great way to get experience, new clients, and new pianos to work  on.
It will teach you to work more quickly and efficiently, especially if  you
get paid per piano.  When I do store work, I charge hourly now, because  too
much of my time has been wasted by waiting for customers to finish playing  Fur
Elise 10 times on different pianos.  Another reason hourly might be  better is
that then you can deal with repairs and other issues without losing
time/money.

Good luck!

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 1/21/2006 4:48:04 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
phil@philbondi.com writes:

Richard  - Will:

Will Wickham wrote:

> I also agree. It was an  excellent way to build a substantial customer
> base. Eventually the  store realized that I was helping them
> substantially as well and now  I get full price for in home warrantee
> tunings and about 2/3 my full  rate for in store tunings. Nice work
> when you get it!

Richard,  if you can get to this point, which in my opinion is pretty
darn good!,  then you're doing alot of things right.

I have been doing dealership  work for the majority of my career, and
yes, it is a great way to build  your business.

Richard, if they're 'willing' to give you 1/2 of your  full rate for
in-home War. service, then what are they 'willing' to give  you for floor
work? - or is that work being done by someone else?

I  have worked my way up to 80% for in-home war.service, and 50% for
floor  work - needless to say, this dealership is concerned about their
floor  work recently - because I've been very busy doing full pay work.

It's a  nice problem to have.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)

Dave  Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service