Lightening touch by changing damper timing redux

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:15:28 EST

David, Rick,

Bending the spoons so that the dampers lift easily was pretty  easy.  You can
see the difference in spoon level between the blocks and the  tricords.  The
line of spoons was pretty even, and getting them even wasn't  particularly
difficult.  Putting them back where they were won't be so hard  either....:-)

I adjusted the trap lever stop screw accordingly.

I played both pianos and had others play them.  From a purely  subjective
point of view, there seemed to be more control at ppp.  Dale's  point about
playing at FF is of some concern.  I really didn't hammer on  the pianos.  As I'll
be tuning one of them next week, I will certainly try  it.

Ric, I'm curious about your method of putting small weights on the  keys in
front of the balance rail holes.  You said you used some kind of  tape?  Sorry,
the previoius e-mail was the victim of a recent  mass-deletion...

Dave S.

In a message dated 1/21/2006 6:54:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,