Lightening touch by changing damper timing redux

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 02:11:03 -0600

Comments dispersed... ---ric

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Piannaman@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:25 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Lightening touch by changing damper timing redux

=20

Having the dampers lift at let-off would definitely be too late.=20

You can always try it on your action model...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

=20

=20

The first contact of the jack with the let off button is not let off.   =
Let
off occurs after the jack has hit the let-off button and slid off the
knuckle allowing "drop" (when you do it with an action model) or "check"
when you are actually playing the piano.  Look at your action model and =
see
if the jack does not first contact the let off button at about half way
down. Does your action model have a damper lever?   I will bet the two
contact points are so close as to say they are the same.   It takes a
certain amount of travel of the key for the "slid out" of the jack from
under the knuckle and of course the diameter of the knuckle and how flat =
it
is determine this travel.  =20

=20

.  And as Dean noted, the fingers have more speed at the point where the =
key
contacts the underlever.  Makes a big difference.

=20

OK half way down. =20

=20

=20

=20

=20

"Frankly it doesnt' concern me what Seiler might think but rather my
clients"  Regards DAle Erwin =20

=20

Even if Seiler might be interested in your improvements?  -0-0-0 ric =20

  _____ =20