finish problem

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:52:33 EST

Hi Dan
  Always start with the most innocuous product  first...soap & water then
move on if required to mineral spirits/paint  thinner or naptha.  Both of which I
despise the smell of....but they  work.  They remove oil & grease from common
lacquer finish with  out damage.  Glass cleaner also works on most all
polyester  finish.
  Happy Cleaning.  I hear they used plain  old  dawn to cleanup the birds
contaminated by the Exxon Valsleeze!

 Have fun
  Dale

Greetings,

Dan Dannenfelser here from Sacramento.  One of my clients has a  Boston grand
piano, with a satin ebony finish.  They assigned their  daughter the task of
cleaning the piano.  The daughter went to work,  armed with her trusty Lemon
Pledge.  When I saw the piano again  yesterday, the results were, well, less
than satisfactory--reminiscent of the  Exxon Valdez. Picture a satin ebony oil
slick.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to clean up the "Pledge effect,"   or at
least mitigate the damage to the finish.  Once that's done I'm  going to
suggest some proper products, such as Cory's.

Ideas?        Have a great  weekend, everybody

Daniel F. Dannenfelser, RPT
Sacramento, CA