HAMMER HANGING JIG, from spurlock

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:44:26 EST

all
  I did use the jig once upon a time but found it  cumbersome . Also as
someone stated, the  high treble shoulder is not  the necessary reference for a
straight line.  And on most Steinways  I locate the optimum position  by ear &
install the hammers in  a horseshoe line in the 1st capo section which aids
power , sustain &  a more solid tone on shift, so using a jig is not applicable.
  It appears, from years of doing this, that the real  problem is a bridge &
scale defeicency as it is such a prevalent &  predictable phenomenon model to
model.  Not just Steinway either boys &  girls
 Dale Erwin