Package From Toronto

william ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:23:58 -0500

I'm waiting on a set of bass string from CGStrings (my first set),
and the best word is that they were shipped on or before 1/10. Does
anyone have suggestions as to what I should expect  for transit time.
Bearing in mind that:

1.) Once they cross the border, they'll spend some time in a US
Custom facility (probably not necessarily the closest, largest border
town, say Buffalo NY, but say, one located in the general region of
the final destination, maybe NYC)

2.) Those of you ordering from GCS are scattered across the map. To
equalize things, I'd suggest as a benchmark, transit time from
PianoTek (near Detroit?). UPS Ground for me is 3d day following the
afternoon they ship.

This is the recording studio piano. The new treble wire was on and
stretching last THU. The first recording session is on MON 1/30. In
two days, I'll have a back-up set of strings from Stwy. I figure the
last possible day to put which ever set of bass strings on would be,
the previous WED (maybe, with extra attention, THU).

So, has anyone studied the labels on a box from GCS to get a sense of
what transit time may be, and could anyone give me a rough idea of
when these will arrive?

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.
wbps@vermontel.net

"So come on down, for the best in fidelity"
     ...........AM radio spot for the local Radio Shack store.
(Thank you, I'll take a space between the last two words.)