Working while tuning

pianotune05@comcast.net pianotune05@comcast.net
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:48:36 +0000

Hi Quentin,
Thanks, yes this does help.  I'll try my hardest to put my perfectionism aside :) and move on and tune tune tune in order to get that speed up.  I'm also learning new ways to go from pin to pin by feel more than using my 20/200 sight.  Speaking of pins, does schaff have a polish or somethin g that cleans pins, plates struts anyting brass or metal on the piano?
Marshall

From: "Quentin Codevelle" <quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr>

pianotune05 wrote:
"Hi Quentin,
What did you do to increase your speed?
Marshall"

I tuned and tuned again, and as quick as possible, with a good result.
I was taught to make a compromise between speed and accuracy right from the start.

And if I couldn't tune a good unisson on a given note, for example because of a false beat, I did not spend time on this note, I was going on my tuning, and at the end, I tried to retuned what I missed during the first pass.

And I tuned only 2 or 3 hours a day, but with speed.

I hope this helps.

I think some people have other methods, but this worked for me.
Now I can make a reasonable tuning in 45mn-1h, and a fast tuning in 30 mn.

Quentin