Working while tuning

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:08:18 +0100

pianotune05 wrote:=20
"Hi Quentin,
What did you do to increase your speed?
Marshall"

I tuned and tuned again, and as quick as possible, with a good result.
I was taught to make a compromise between speed and accuracy right from =
the start.

And if I couldn't tune a good unisson on a given note, for example =
because of a false beat, I did not spend time on this note, I was going =
on my tuning, and at the end, I tried to retuned what I missed during =
the first pass.

And I tuned only 2 or 3 hours a day, but with speed.

I hope this helps.

I think some people have other methods, but this worked for me.
Now I can make a reasonable tuning in 45mn-1h, and a fast tuning in 30 =
mn.

Quentin