Piano import info.

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 05:47:05 -0600

Folks,

Back in April 2003, our Belgian friend Stéphane asked about the methods of
moving pianos across the pond. The biggest problem being the pre-ban ivory
on the 19th century keyboards.

At that time, there was only one response which indicated a method to
circumvent the possiblility of us customs yanking off all the ivory.

What is the current best way to ship a piano and have the ivory arrive
intact and attached. Suggested moving companies which specialize in such
things, horror stories, etc...

thanx

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.