Temperament Choice

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:25:30 -0800

A bit off the point and not really relevant.  Neither do I agree with =
your
claim.  I tune WT's for a number of customers and have no problems with
their choice either financially or aesthetically.  Neither do I hesitate =
introduce and educate those who are interested in spite of my personal
preference-a personal artistic preference, btw.   I'm not really sure =
how
this relates to the quote you pulled out or the point made in the entire
post, but then, I'm not really surprised. =20

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Billbrpt@aol.com [mailto:Billbrpt@aol.com]=20
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 10:04 AM
To: davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Subject: Temperament Choice

=20

And if we are going to use empirical evidence, while there are a few
concert
level musicians who argue for the use of WT's for a musical and
historically
accurate interpretation of 18th and 19th music, there are many more, if
not
nearly all, who, not inclined to sacrifice musicality or historical
faithfulness, choose to play the music in ET.   =20

David Love
 =20

=20

The choice to use ET has always been a business decision, not an =
artistic
one.  Be happy that you only like ET, that way you have no decision to =
make.
It has already been made for you.           =20

=20

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin