electronic pitch source

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sat, 07 Jan 2006 22:39:19

Hi Marshall,

The notes don't work because of "harmony". They work because the lower note
has a partial which is close in pitch to a4.

The partial series for f2 is:

f2:f3:c4:f4:a4

The partial series for b1 is:

b1:b2:f#3:b3:d4:f#4:a4

As you go higher and higher the partials will be "away" from the note names
somewhat, but b1 is useful for setting the pitch of a4 because one of the
partials is close to that pitch.

At 09:42 PM 1/7/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Don,
>You mentioned b1, how can b1 and a4 be played together and work in harmony
>with one another.  f and a I can see becaue they make a third, but a and b
>together are like playing c and c# together aren't they?
>Marshall

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7