(careful, it is about temperaments)

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 17:10:48 -0800

Just to add, there is also a Beethoven Sonata in F# and many Chopin pieces
in 4 and 5 flats, not to mention the Brahms B major Trio, that I personally
prefer in ET.  But this is an old debate that we probably don't really need
to revisit.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of David Love
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:59 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: (careful, it is about temperaments)

It was a bit of a joke but there is that wonderful little Schubert piece in
Gb that I don't care for in any kind of stronger WT.  You did mention that
the comparison was mild WT versus ET (and I prefer not to tune WT's in
anything too strong when I do tune them) and I think that the greater
sonority in the fewer sharps and flats keys probably does make an over all
more "in tune" impression that's understandable and, perhaps, predictable.