electronic pitch source

terryb t46xd8jb@xplornet.com
Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:24:39 -0600

I purchased the Sanderson Accu-fork II several years ago. I was never
satisfied with it. The closest that I could get the calibration was  -0.43
cents. I also found that it took over a minute for the pitch to stabilize.
The fork wasn't cheap. It was $150 US plus shipping. I set it aside and
never have used it.

When I purchased my Pocket RCT, it came with the Reyburn Cyberfork. Dean
Had calibrated it to +0.09 cents. It is very accurate. I used the Cyberfork
for my tuning test. The pitch of my A4 ended up at only +0.2 cents giving
me 100% on pitch. I had not heard that the Cyberfork had a loud second
partial until after I had taken the test. I don't think I have ever heard
it. Dean does not recommend using the fork for the tuning test. IHe used to
sell the Cyberfork for $30 US. I don't know his current price.

Terry Beckingham RPT