electronic pitch source

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:19:42

Hi Marshall,

How are you "setting" A4 to your fork?

There are two "test notes" that can be used. (f2 and b1)

Play f2 and listen to the beat rate created between it and your fork

Play f2 and a4 and listen to the beat rate again, adjusting A4 until the
beat rate duplicates the f2 to fork step.

One can double check by using b1 and the fork; followed by b1 and a4.

At 04:23 PM 1/7/2006 -0500, you wrote:

>I like the idea of the acufork because I don't
>have to worry about striking the fork, listening, adjusting the pin, fooling
>with the mute etc. It would save me time,to just leave it on and adjsut the
>note to meet the right pitch.  I might treat myself to one for an early bday
>present and make 41  a good year like 40 has been.
>Marshall

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7