Separate business/personal accounts?

J. R. White jrwhiteltd@msn.com
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:00:32 -0800

Your bylaws probably state that you can hold your annual meetings of
directors and also of stockholders anywhere you like: hold them at some nice
resort and write off the whole trip.  Make your children stockholders, take
them out to dinner and discuss some technical business matter.  With the
records of that discussion, the dinner can be written off.
Consider all the ramifications of separating "ownership" from "control" of
your business.  Investigate the law.
The two primary purposes of a corporation -- any corporation -- are to carry
debt and to separate "ownership" from "control."
Can you take it from here?
JRW

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of William R. Monroe
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 2:34 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Separate business/personal accounts?

Hi JR,

I'm curious what some of the ways to take money from the corp. without
paying taxes are.  I have incorporated as well - S Corp, and I pay myself
salary (taxable) as well as take a dividend (no employment related taxes).
What other areas might I be overlooking?

Thanks for any info - or links to pertinent (read: easily understood) info.

thanks for any help,

Respectfully,
William R. Monroe