electronic pitch source

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:07:52 -0700

Hi Ed,
Even Sanderson recommends that one tune the accu fork just before taking the
tuning exam.
The batterys can cost you some points. As they fade in power the pitch drops
slightly.
One needs to calabrate with the tone wth a more reliable source like SAT,
Veritune, Tune Lab or Cybertuner.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: <ed440@mindspring.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: electronic pitch source

> Marshall-
>
> My Walker blue fork is calibrated to armpit temperature, and is accurate
to within plus or minus 0.3cents of 440hz, since I must remove it from my
armpit briefly to use it.  I have not been able to get this close a result
with the nickel plated fork, but perhaps I've been impatient with armpit
warming time on the larger fork.

> You need not worry about this if you're getting the Acufork.
>
> I hope you're using the F2 test note method.  It should be very accurate
with the Acufork, as you can have a long period of time to count comparison
beats.