Steinway Accelerated actions

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 10:44:42 -0800

Hi Ric,
Is Hamburg also going to use the NY style hammers?  From what I've been
taught, the difference in the two styles of hammers is what dictates the
voicing technique.  Until they have the same type of hammers, it is hard for
me to believe they would alter the current styles of needling.

We are clearly at a disadvantage over here since we don't see as many
Hamburgs.  So, I am only going by the official NY Steinway factory teaching
and my limited experience with Hamburgs.

Based on what information you have heard, do you think there will be a
change in the style of hammers on the Hamburgs.......?
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Ric Brekne
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:07 AM
To: pianotech
Subject: Steinway Accelerated actions

Grin... the latest I heard was that New York was pushing through a
processes of uniformnimity and that the New York Style was to take over
in Hamburg.  One example is what appears to be a push to move away from
needle voicing towards the New York method. Another is the marketing of
the Bostons and Essex. Not all the European Steinway techs are
enthusiastic about all this... but I believe I've noticed a lessening of
resistance over the past couple years.  That goes for ETD's as well.
Personally, I always liked the 2 Steinways concept.

Cheers
RicB

/Dale writes:

So I'm grateful. You disadvantaged European guys probably  don't' get this
rich opportunity with the German Stwy  engineering.
    unt I heer dee have  zee  jeegs  & feexteures over daer too so theey
make
zee  actions uniform ...shhhhhhh   New york  Might find  out!/