Rib scaling question

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 12:33:47 -0600

Primarily for Dale Erwin, (who was generous enough to share his thoughts
and his photos with us all through the PTG Journal) but anyone please feel
free to chime in if you've got thoughts on this...

Most rib scale modifications I've seen / heard about involve additional
ribs, closer together, and perpendicular to the bridge, in the treble.
Reasons:  maintain crown, increase impedence for longer sustain.  I'm
wondering how critical it is to get enough but not too much increased
stiffness.  Have you ever gone too far?  What were the resulting symptoms?

thanks

Mike

Michael Spalding
spalding48@earthlink.net