Pitch Raise

ed miller edmiller3@hotmail.com
Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:23:31 -0500

I am a novice tuner learning to tune aurally. I am confused as to how to do
an effective aural pitch raise.

How can you accurately judge whether a piano needs a pitch raise (without an
electronic guage)?

Once you determine a pitch raise is necessary, is there a particular
sequence to use when pitch raising? I am aware of the general guideline of
overshooting a string by half the amount that it is flat. Do you do this on
every note, or is there a certain graduation as you go to the bass and the
treble?

Thanks.