Cracking the unisons

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Fri, 06 Jan 2006 20:00:49

Hi Bernard,

Perhaps then you could explain this quote (taken out of context) from your
original post? It certain "reads" to me as if you think "firm blow" is
required (or at least preferred).

>A good aural tuner tune with a firm struck, to catch also the transient
phase
>of the sound at higher volumes. Low volume tuning is like not voicing the
>left pedal, it leaves the transient phase untuned. But sometimes it may
>happen, that the pianist also use volumes above mp...

Bernhard Stopper

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7