Country side piano

David Andersen david@davidandersenpianos.com
Thu, 05 Jan 2006 22:21:14 -0800

>   List
>    Does any one have first hand knowledge of the quality of the Steinway
> restorations being offered by this company in Watkins Glen NY.  They sure=
 sell
> cheap considering the amount of work that is "alleged" to be done to the
> rebuilt offerings on there web list.
>   Dale

I=B9ve seen two here in LA---they both were subpar; new everything, including
board, but sounded and felt nasty---
no carry/sustain, really, and very heavy and spongy touch.  I made them
better with setup, but
they never got really good.  I wouldn=B9t recommend them based on the 2 piano=
I saw and worked on.

David Andersen