Working while tuning

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 07:01:07 -0800

Several possibilities.  One is that he might have gotten it right the first
time without somebody hanging over him watching.  Reminds me of the sign
I've often seen in auto shops:  "If you want to watch add 50%, if you want
to help add 100%.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Susan Kline
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:57 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Working while tuning

At 11:50 PM 1/4/2006 -0600, Ron N wrote:
"Is that supposed to smoke like that"

Reminds me of watching while a mechanic finished a brake job on my car.
"You don't need that spring, then?" (It was lying in the hubcap.) The
guy didn't answer. He blanched, took apart the brake assembly again, ...

Made me wonder what would have happened if I'd followed the instructions
on the wall, and waited in the waiting room.

sssssssssnnn