Wireless internet service

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:44:39 EST

Good deal Bob
  Join the internet speed race.  woo hoooo.  It's fun to not hurry up & wait.
 Will we hear more from you now  my brother?  Hope so
   Dale Erwin

Woo-hooo! High speed  internet!

Last week I called a wireless internet  provider, Clearwire, and asked them
for a signal test, as I am out of their  advertised service area. A
knowledgeable techician came out and found a  location for the modem in my second-floor
home office where the signal  strength is way fine. Upload speed is advertised
at 256k, download at up  to 768k for $35/mo, and 256k/1.5meg (which I signed
up for) for $7 more. The  first three months are even cheaper, if you sign up
for a year (which I was  glad to do).

Pages now load almost instantly. A  nine-meg file which I download every
week, which always took an hour to an  hour:ten, now takes 49 seconds. Not as fast
as cable (7 secs) but after years  of playing solitaire while pages loaded,
enough to make me squeal like a  little girl.

I thank all of the responders to  the "Mail-list weirdness" thread.

Bob Davis
In a message dated 12/4/2005 6:20:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,