Separate business/personal accounts?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:51:50 EST

=20
Richard,
=20
I've been using my personal checking account for business for the last 4 =20
years and have had no problems.  I keep track of all expenses and income as=20=
 I=20
go.  My business name is Dave Stahl Piano Service(my name is in the  busines=
s=20
name), which, in CA at least, allows you to deposit business checks  into yo=
ur=20
personal account. =20
=20
I'm to the point where I should probably worry about audits, and who sees  m=
y=20
accounts.  It's all pretty straightforward and simple as it is,  though.  I=20
feel like a money funnel.  Money passes through  me and into other hands--IR=
S's=20
and landlord's, mostly(BTW, can anybody explain  to me what "Service" they=20
perform?...isn't it false advertising to call  themselves a "Service" if ind=
eed=20
they offer nothing for the money taken from  those who actually earn it?). =20=
If=20
I'm lucky, I can bank a bit and have some  left over for a vacation.
=20
All money for estimated taxes goes temporarily into savings until the time =20
comes to write the dreaded quarterly check. =20
=20
It's worked for me so far.  When my tax accountant suggests a change,  I wil=
l=20
consider doing something else.
=20
Dave Stahl
=20
In a message dated 1/3/2006 8:58:07 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, =20