Plate lettering

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 02 Jan 2006 18:34:10 -0600

>      We have a more difficult time finding rub on numbers & letters
> decals for serial &  model numbers.  Typically we have found them at
> graphic supply houses.  Archetects have used them but We haven't bought
> for a while. sooo dunno.  We  have a procedure to get those on straight
> but I wont' go there now.
>   Lettering the plate with the zig product has become way less tedious &
> looks professional.  If one makes an error just wipe up with mineral
> spirits & start over.
>    The decals are rubbed on & then sprayed over with clear spray can
> lacquer or whatever..  We resort to drawing the string size no.s on with
> the same pen as the embossing as the tiny no. decals aredifficult &
> troublesome to handle, being that small.  Hope this helps.
>    Dale Erwin

There are also several flavors of water slide decal paper you can
print on with a laser printer, all nicely spaced and aligned in the
font style and point size of your whim of the moment. trim to size,
soak, and slide into place. Topcoat with lacquer when dry. You can
use the stuff to make any custom logo or decoration you like, within
reason, without the cost of custom decal work. The down side is it's
not a rub on transfer, so the shadow of the film that holds it
together is visible like the old style water slide decals.

Ron N