Up & down vs; side to side string motion was; false beats from ?? -...

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 21:34:08 -0600

> ............which brings me back to the suggestion that more substantial
> bridge pins and their seating could benefit top trebles enormously in
> the conventional piano.
>
> ric

Not mass, but stiffness, is the primary reason I consider #6 bridge
pins useless in piano bridges. Seating (after the initial stringing,
and putting everything where you want it) is irrelevant, if
everything else is where it belongs. I also recommend laminated
bridge caps, to keep the pins from getting loose, and the notch edge
from crushing in the first place. As usual, the archives have a
whole lot of this stuff, times dozens, with details.

Ron N