What a relief!

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:36:36 -0800

I know what you mean...those darn 3 note actions...BUT...now your ready=
 for those darn 88 note actions...;-]   Congratulations!

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: Piannaman@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: What a relief!

 For those of you on the exam prep list, forgive the duplicate posting!=

After failing both parts of the regulation test last July, I retook the=
m this morning and passed both....ahhhhh....now I feel like taking a lo=
ng nap!  I'll wait a little bit before scheduling the tuning test.

Tips for those who are going to take these tests:

If you're planning on having that extra cup of coffee to get up for the=
 test, forget it!  You will not need the extra nerve boost.  Have a cup=
 of herbal tea instead.  Do something to relax.  Listen to some really =
soft music on the way.  I went for a bike ride this AM to disperse the =
excess nervous energy I woke up with.

Make sure you get all parts travelled and aligned.  The actual regulati=
on goes pretty smoothly once those things are done.  If you don't get t=
hings in a row first, you'll do lots of backtracking, which is one thin=
g that cost me lots of time in my first attempt.

IMHO, the upright model assembly/regulation was far harder than the gra=
nd because of the 3-note factor.

Relax.

Relax.

Relax.

That's all I have to say...I'm going to sleep now!

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560