a hammer question

pianotune05@comcast.net pianotune05@comcast.net
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:37:25 +0000

Hi Ed,
I tried the video again, and it works now, go figure.  Before it was jumpy with lines, and the traction was fine on the vCR.  Now the video works fine.  Part of the reason I post on here even if something is already in a book or on a video, is due to the fact that I appreciate the interaction and "the getting to know" others in the business.  I enjoy being a part rather than apart.  Thanks again. I'll check for that repair as I watch it later on.
Marshall
From: ed440@mindspring.com

Marshall-

You told me you have the Randy Potter course.
It shows you how to make this repair.  You can break hammer shanks on your study action and repair them until you can do it well.
Then you can do the repair on some else's piano.
Have you found the Coleman beat locater cards that come with the Potter course, and learned the overtone series?
These are the kinds of things you need to do if you intend to become an RPT as you have said.

Sincerely,
Ed Sutton