a hammer question

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:11:39 -0500

Hi John,
Thank you for the suggestions.  I don't have all of the tools yet. My =
next training starts next month, string repair and regulating. I'm =
looking forward to it.
Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Ross=20
  To: Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 7:23 AM
  Subject: Re: a hammer question

  Hi Marshal,
  If you don't have the tools yet, and the shank is not broken at the =
end, then you can do a repair using a straw.

  *Replacing with a new shank is the proper repair.

  But using a length of straw, you place it on the butt section, then =
put glue on the end with the hammer, now the straw will act as a guide =
as you put the hammer end of the shank in it and push together. When the =
glue dries you could slice off the straw.
  John M. Ross
  Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
  jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
    ----- Original Message -----=20