Wurlitzer A-200 Electric Piano

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:27:00 -0800

Aart,

My experience is that adding and removing solder to the reeds makes very
gross adjustments in tuning and usually is not necessary. For fine
tuning, you can loosen the fixing screw and move the reed forward or
backward and retighten. You'll notice that varying the amount you
tighten the screw will alter the tuning somewhat also and this is a
legitimate part of the fine tuning process.

If the tuning has gone quite a bit flat, you can file off some solder
but chances are this is caused by a reed weakened by hard playing and
ultimately it will need to be replaced.

If you need parts, try
http://www.speakeasyvintagemusic.com/cgi-bin/parts.cgi?page=wurlyparts.html

Happy tuning!